Sunday, April 22, 2007

GOT ENERGY?

It seems that the majority of people I chat to about the journey of this past couple of years immediately expect me to feel a whole lot better and to have discovered amazing energy.

To be honest, I felt fine before I dropped the weight and my energy levels seem no better as I fall into bed, battling to stay awake anywhere after 11.00.

But the truth is, I think I do have more energy - I just use it!

Consider today ...

Gill and I got a bite to eat after church and then I spent the afternoon watching the Mets being embarassed by the Braves. Nothing different there for me than bygone years - but there was.

When I weighed 133 pounds more than I do today, I was exhausted after church and was battling to stay awake through lunch. I would watch the ball game in a horizontal position and would seldom be awake for the ninth inning.

I saw the whole disappointing game today and not from a sofa. I watched a little of it at home and then drove to the gym where I saw the second half of the fixture on a TV monitor on my treadmill. I ran over six miles as I watched the game and then switched to an elyptical, racking up a total of eight miles on the two machines combined.

I guess I do have more energy. I couldn't have done that before.

But I use the energy - so now I'm shot!!!