Thursday, April 26, 2007

PRO-PORTIONS

While I was out this afternoon I stopped by Pro-Portions to pick up my regular supply of their muffins. I tried the Weight Watchers muffins, but the truth is while they are tasty, they're pretty fluffy so by the time you finish one you could still eat the rest of the box.

Pro-Portions on the other hand do a very filling 3-point muffin that has become a favorite evening snack, eaten alongside one very large mug of coffee.

Now I know all the nonsense about caffeine being bad for you etc., but let me put it this way - I no longer eat french fries, big macs, tortilla chips, full fat ice cream (except for when I'm cheating!), real eggs, bacon, sausage, cheesecake, crumb cake, donuts, buttered rolls, to name but a few.

Take away my coffee and Beam me up Jesus! So just leave me alone with that one luxury.

My evening drink and that huge muffin set me up for the night.

If you're near Stonybrook or Selden, it's worth visiting the store and trying one. BTW, you need to nuke it for 35 seconds as they're far better warm. But whatever you do, resist the temptation to then put butter it!