Tuesday, April 17, 2007

THE TEMPTATION IS GONE

Good news, the remains of that half gallon of Turkey Hill ice cream I mentioned recently will never trouble me again. It is gone, finished, done with, out of here, exiled, totally eliminated.

The down side of all that is I got rid of it by eating it last night!

But before I did so, I did some basic math. I worked out that the remaining contents of the container were the equivalent of 28 WW points. Since I get 35 flexible points a week, I reasoned that enjoying the ice cream would not be too much of a diversion from my path, provided I remembered that most of my extra points were already used up.

So I ate it!

It reminds me of something I said while I was teaching in church on Sunday - before people fall into sin, they rationalize it to try to get peace of mind about what they are about to do.

Now I'm not saying ice cream is sin - I think it comes from heaven - but I see the same process in action and tend to agree with a definition of rationalizing I heard recently ... rationing out lies!!!

So I did it, I enjoyed it and I'll take it into consideration as I plan my diet throughout the week.

The temptation is gone!