Tuesday, March 18, 2008

CLOTHES THAT FIT

Sitting here watching The Biggest Loser - Couples, it was fascinating to see the remaining contestants after their makeovers. They sure looked good, but they all needed some help with their selection of clothes because they weren't really used to clothes shopping.

I can identify with that.

After a lifetime of knowing that few stores would have anything that would fit me, I needed a lot of help when I came to getting an interim wardrobe on my way down towards goal. Good thing I have a son who is a designer in the fashion industry. He came with me, told me what looked good and what didn't and even put various outfits together without commenting on how clueless I really was.

Getting new clothes was a good move. It made me feel better and even more motivated to finish the job. Now I am a frequent shopper, with a bigger wardrobe than any time in my life.

But I'm a good shopper too. Yesterday I bought two dress shirts and a pair of shoes for a total of $22 - pretty good, eh?