Sunday, October 7, 2007

FRIENDLY'S

There are some places I avoid because even what looks like a healthy choice on their menu really isn't. Friendly's is one of those places, but I ended up there for lunch today.

My grandson had fallen after church and hit his head hard on concrete - there was quite a lump and the poor kid was hurt and scared. To cheer him up I suggested we go eat at Friendly's, which I know he loves, so that was where I sat looking in desperation over the menu.

I tried, God knows I tried!

I thought their turkeymelt sandwich sounded half reasonable, especially as I declined the fries, but when the order eventually arrived I was dismayed to see the sandwich had been grilled, which back home in the UK we used to call what it actually is - fried!

I was hungry, so I went with it and decided to just go very careful for the rest of the day. My grandson left happier, so vigilance in eating for the next twelve hours was a small price to pay, I guess.

And I was reminded to steer clear of Friendly's!