Wednesday, October 10, 2007

STEAK, EGGS, BACON, CHEESE & CREAM

Yes, you got it in one - the Atkins Diet.

Had lunch with a friend today at Applebee's - enjoyed a 5 Points meal from their WW menu. He had a good looking salad but discarded the croutons and the garlic bread. I recognized the signs and he later confirmed my thoughts - today he started the Atkins Diet.

As diets go, I think this is one of the best. I lost 50lb in three months a few years ago, eating steak, eggs, bacon, cheese and other high fat foods. I even followed his guidleines and poured heavy cream into my coffee and over jello for a dessert at night.

Lunchtimes were great with the crustless quiche made with half a dozen eggs, cheese, heavy cream and loads of bacon - and it worked.

I lost the weight and lowered my cholesterol.

But you can't live on Atkins. Like all good things, it comes to an end. And when it does people revert to their old bad habits and whack the pounds back on. I did - and some.

If you want a diet, I recommend Atkins - it's useless long term, but it's a fun way to lose weight before you regain it.

If you want a healthy lifestyle, no one can hold a candle to WW, which is not a diet, it's a way of life.