Wednesday, October 3, 2007

PRO PORTIONS

Gill ate a good lunch today with some ladies from the gym, so she announced she didn't really want dinner. Since it was all ready anyway, I suggested we leave it for tomorrow and I go down the road to ProPortions to get myself something.

I don't know if ProPortions is local to this part of Long Island or nationwide - I suspect the former - but I do know it's very convenient to have one right next to our WW location less than five minutes from where we live.

It's great to walk into a place that has everything on the menu pointed out and of course they're very friendly people too.

I took their broccoli and cheddar quiche and a huge side salad. The whole thing was only five points and trust me, there was nothing wimpy about the quiche - they give you quite the serving.

While I don't eat dinner from there too often - though I'm a regular when Gill is out of town - I eat one of their apple raisin muffins every evening with a cup of coffee. Four points for the lot, including a generous amount of milk in my coffee.

I love ProPortions. I wish they were a chain as it would make life a whole lot easier.